Statements and Facts
Carter BloodCare frequently receives questions about statistics, positions on blood donation and the constant need for a safe and sufficient blood supply.
In addition to those below provided by Carter BloodCare, a wide variety of statements from America’s Blood Centers are also available to the public.
Easy messages to use when talking about blood donation:
- Each blood donation saves three lives.
- More than 1,000 donors are needed each day to keep blood on the shelves of hospitals in North, Central and East Texas.
- Six hundred to 800 patients each day could require a blood transfusion. Many will require more than one unit of blood or blood products.
- One in seven patients admitted to a hospital could receive a blood transfusion.
- There is no substitute for human blood. Thus, there is no substitute for blood donors.
- Regularly scheduled blood donations assure there is already blood on the shelves during a disaster/crisis.
- Make a blood donation by setting up an appointment today.
- You may call or text Carter BloodCare at 800-366-2834.
- Arrange to host a blood drive by emailing BookABloodDrive@carterbloodcare.org.